Visual Inspection Course – Level I & II – Online Visual Inspection Course
This course provides accurate, current and thorough training that leads directly to the ability of the student to perform accurate Visual Inspection. Level I and II material is combined and presented in a single, 24-hour classroom course. Major subjects are covered from the perspective of an entry level student:
- How Eyesight works as related to Visual Inspection
- Lighting and Lighting Techniques for Visual Inspection
- Obstacles to Accurate Inspection
- Applications and Uses for Visual Inspection
- Visual Inspection Math
- Visual Inspection Reporting Requirements
- Basic steel making and metal forming processes including how discontinuities are developed within each of the metal forming methods.
- Primary and secondary forming and joining processes are explained, with highlight information regarding type, location and formation tendencies of discontinuities.
- In-service discontinuities are explored in relation to stress and corrosion in its various forms.
- Tools for the visual inspector are explained, pictured and demonstrated in HD video.
- Major forms of nondestructive testing are defined and discussed.
This course meets or exceeds the content recommended by The American Society for Nondestructive Testing for Level I and II studies and NAS-410.
Credit: 24 Hours Credit for Visual Inspection formal training
Pre-requisites: No prior training or experience by the student in the NDT method
known as Visual Inspection is required.
Course Deadline: 30 Days to Complete the Course – Once you receive your login and password information to access this course, you will have 30 days to complete the course. If you need longer than 30 days to complete the course, you may get an extension of time which requires an additional fee.
Who Should Take This Course: This is an excellent course for NDT trainees who must have Level I and II training in order to qualify for certification.
This is also an excellent course for those wishing to pursue a career or renewing credentials in the NDT nondestructive testing industry.
Beginning Service Technicians, Process Plant Facility Inspectors, Vessel Shop Inspectors, Aircraft Maintenance Technicians, Visual Inspectors, Welding Inspectors, Nuclear Plant Technicians, ASME Inspectors, Fabrication Shop Inspectors, Welders, QA/QC Auditors, Pipeline owners/operators, Pipeline Inspectors and all those wishing to pursue a career in NDT Nondestructive testing, and facility personnel who are responsible for application of Magnetic Particle tests or oversight of their application will benefit from this course.